Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Girls Night Out...

Two weekends ago, Matt encouraged me to have a "girls night out" with Anna Lauren and go to the Miss Mississippi pageant.  Anna Lauren and I have watched the pageant together since she was three, but this year was just a little more special because we know and LOVE Chelsea, who was giving her crown away that night. Anna Lauren watched every minute of the pageant, but she really just wanted to see Chelsea at the end.  And...sure enough...we got to spend about 15 minutes with Chelsea, and I had one happy little girl...was worth every minute of going!




The security guard would not let Anna Lauren on the stage so Chelsea said, that's fine I'll just sit down...


Think Anna Lauren is happy?  Could she smile any bigger?


The kind of picture you get when you just hand your camera to a stranger.  I'll never forget Chelsea walking into my office at Millsaps the first day of her freshman year.  Wow...she matured so much in those four years and has become such a fine young woman, who I think did an incredible job representing our state!


Before we were done visiting, Chelsea had the security guard put Anna Lauren in her lap.  


One last hug from our favorite Miss Mississippi...we wished her well as she heads back to medical school.  Anna Lauren walked away all smiles and begging to be a princess in the pageant next year...I wish someone would plant a money tree in our backyard!

No comments: