Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bite Report...

Around 10:30 this morning I get the "dreaded" daycare call...I always get so nervous when I see the number appear on caller id while I am at work. Anyway, it was the daycare director calling to tell me Anna Lauren bit one of her friends and had been sent to the office (yes, they even send 11 month olds to the office).

The daycare director tried to make me feel better by saying...I'm sure her teeth are just bothering her is the reason she bit someone so let me just give her some tylenol to make her teeth quit hurting and hopefully she will not bite anyone else.

Ok...I know better than that...her friend either took something away from her that she wanted or stuck their finger in her mouth, and she bit them. Had nothing to do with her teeth but thanks to the director for trying to make mommy feel better. I have been assured by several moms not to worry as this is just typical of her age...I had much rather Anna Lauren get bit than her bite someone, but what can you do? (Brittany Odom, I've thought about you all day...I know you can relate)

And then there is the bite report that ended with this paragraph:
Your child bit one of our friends today. Please help us with this problem by talking to your child about biting. Matt and I have "tried" to talk to Anna Lauren tonight...of course she thinks we are crazy and just laughs at us!

Let's just pray this is only a phase and does not "seriously" become a problem...today it is kind of funny...however, if it happens again, I know it will no longer be funny.

2 comments:

odomfamilyfun said...

Hey! Yes, you are officially added to my prayer list! It is totally awful being the parent of the biter & I would MUCH rather my kid be on the other end of the situation...however, it really could have been her teeth---give Anna Lauren credit...if it happens again, you can come to my house..we have a library of biting books! hahha. I laugh only because I have been where you are..OH SO MANY DAYS!!
This too shall pass----
xoxoox
Brittany

The O'Donnells said...

ok it is so funny and i can just see her face when ya'll are trying to be serious and tell her not to do it! it's the same face i get from eugene :)