Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Treats...

For some reason, I decided to have a little fun with Valentine's Day treats this year...well, for Anna Lauren's friends (mostly because she was very specific as to what she wanted to give her friends).


 Cooper took fruit snacks to school for all his friends...they have become his new favorite!


Anna Lauren wanted train cards and starburst for her boy friends.  I talked her out of starburst because we would have had to buy millions to fill the bags.  And thanks to my sweet friend, Leah, we managed to have train cards...not sure what I would do without Leah!


Anna Lauren wanted crown cards and candy jewelry for her girl friends...again, thanks to Leah we were able to pull this one off too!  And let me tell you...we had to dig high and low at two different Dollar Trees to get enough for all her friends...thanks to Daddy for searching so hard for that last bag that was for sure hidden on the candy aisle.


And we decided to make cookies for their teachers...


Ok...I will be the first to tell you that I am not the "creative" or "crafty" mom, but I got in my head that I was going to make heart cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Here is the before picture...I was so proud of myself...and...it was super easy!


And the finished product...Anna Lauren and Holli Grace were so excited...I figured they wouldn't really care, but they loved them, which made it so worth the effort.


My two little sweethearts ready for a fun day at school!  They both had parties and Anna Lauren went on a field trip to the nursing home, where they sang. She has been telling me for weeks they were practicing for the nursing home so she was glad the day finally came...she loves to sing!


And we were so proud of ourselves...even with company, we managed to get up and out the door as usual.  I want say how much earlier than normal I got up!

No comments: