Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cooper's Big Boy Bed...

As I knew it would, the time came...we took Cooper's crib out of his bedroom today.  And honestly, it was a little harder than I expected.  But on the flip side, it was somewhat easy because we are working towards getting him to sleep in his room throughout the night again.  

After climbing out of his crib over and over and over again, we took the front off and turned it into a toddler bed.  He would go to sleep in the toddler bed but most nights at some point, he would walk downstairs to our room and one of us would go back upstairs with him to the guest bed.  Just all about getting sleep!  Well, this week my mom was here to keep Anna Lauren who had viral pink eye and couldn't go to school...so...we played musical beds...poor mom got kicked out the guest bed two nights in a row.  So...at least now we can lay down with Cooper in his room and not the guest bed...again, just trying to get him back into his room all night.

We did this same craziness with Anna Lauren...it will all work out.  But...that doesn't mean it is not frustrating from time to time and cause you to try a million different things until the finally decide to just go to bed and sleep in their bed all night AGAIN!  


Cooper's big boy bed...



I showed Cooper these pillows, and he would not put them down...he was determined to get them for his new bed.  And at least they are "fun"!  Anna Lauren shopped with me this afternoon for a bedspread, and she was upset that I bought something so boring.  She wanted him to have a firetruck bedspread...but...I wanted the most for my money.  I thought this would last longer because it isn't "themed"...

No comments: