Saturday, August 10, 2013

Back to School...

I took a vacation day this past Wednesday so we could enjoy one last "hurrah" before Anna Lauren went back to school on Thursday.  Sadly, I got sick Tuesday night with I'm assuming a little virus so Wednesday was not as exciting as I had planned...but...we still managed to have a "little" fun.

I was still sick Wednesday morning so Matt ended up taking the day off work too.  Anna Lauren's day started at the dentist...all four cavities are now filled...yay!  So glad that is done!

Mid-morning I was able to get out of bed and do a few things I had planned to do with Anna Lauren...we started with "back to school" manicure and pedicure followed by lunch of her choice, Izzo's.


Showing off her color choices...pink with glitter top coat for her fingers and orange with glitter top coat for her toes...


And her favorite part...the design...she picked flowers...





Bop's gift certificates for our new teachers...


Open House on Wednesday night...Anna Lauren and Ms. Currie.  Can we say we are THRILLED Ms. Currie moved from kindergarten to first grade, and she is Anna Lauren's assistant again!  So, so excited!


Anna Lauren and her first grade teacher, Ms. Burkhalter...


And of course we had to go see our favorite kindergarten teacher, Ms. Wells...


All smiles on the first day of 1st grade!





Jasmyne, our neighbor, headed to 8th grade and Anna Lauren to 1st grade...




Anna Lauren and Ms. Powell, speech teacher.  They already have their first practice word...Burkhalter.  Anna Lauren cannot say "r" and her teachers name has two of them. 


All smiles in her chair ready to start the day...



Anna Lauren and Ms. Currie...


Anna Lauren and Ms. Burkhalter...


She does not have any of her "girl" friends in her room, but she doesn't seem bothered.  However, she was excited to see McCarley in the hall Thursday morning...


She had a GREAT first day of school and was all smiles as she headed out Friday morning for her second day of 1st grade.

And where is Cooper in the midst of this "back to school" craziness?  He's at Nanna's house having the best time doing anything he wants to do! Glad he is getting to spend some time with Nanna and have so much fun, but I'm looking forward to picking him up tomorrow.  Monday will the the "real" deal...routine here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The little girl has the cutest feet. The original is so clear and sharp her feet appeared to be directly in front of my face! I put the close up shot of her foot and toes on display in my home in a digital picture display and OMG! I am like totally in love with her feet and especially her toes. I love that long second toe and the way it sticks out past the others. That is so frickin' cute! I remember the first time I leaned close to kiss those gorgeous toes. I started laughing when I thought to myself, "I hope her toes smell like really good and they aren't too stinky LOL!"