Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Meet the Tribe...

At the beginning of November, we went to Birmingham with Anna Lauren for Meet the Tribe.  It's where all the ACE gyms come together and do what I call a dress rehearsal.  It kicks off competition season and gives them a chance to perform as if a competition and see what they need to work on over the next month before they do a "real" competition.


By the 6th year of cheer, you pretty much know all the tricks...where you can go in one day, what rest area is good to stop/get ready, etc.  This is our Birmingham trip rest stop and as we were trying to take a selfie someone offered to take our picture.  Selfie may have been better better, but we'll take it...


Hard to believe she is walking into her 6th competition season, and I'm pretty sure her love for it has only grown.


There are so many things about this child that drive me crazy, but there are so many more things about this child that make me oh so thankful she is ours.  Every day is a new day with her, and we continue to work on being as pretty on the inside as the outside.


Until this year, her three best friends have cheered at another gym.  She is loving every single minute of them being with her this year!!!


She and Bree have been together for several years now...they are so different but still good friends.  And we all know that Bree has the sweetest momma in the world!!!


All smiles as she is getting ready to head to warm-ups...uniform, red lipstick, big smile...in her happy place for sure!!!


The Desperados may just have their own personal "video" guy, and he is typically called Anna Lauren's dad...


This year they did something a little different...before they did their routine, they announced each girl/boy and how long they had cheered at ACE.  So hate this picture is blurry, but I can still see that smile of hers!




Due to her foot injury last year, she now wears a brace.  And you know what the beauty of it is...you can always find her on the floor because she is the only one with a brace.  Score for her parents trying to keep up with her throughout the routine!!!  Yes, we do lose her from time to time...



So maybe I'm a little disappointed I cannot see her face at the beginning of the routine...I could always "read" her face before she even started.  





As you can see, this is NOT looking good.  I'm sure I put my camera down to watch the fall...it didn't end well.  However, they pulled themselves back together.  Hopefully they have gotten it out of their system now...


Stunting may be Anna Lauren's favorite but tumbling is mine...


She is on a big squad this year...29 total girls.  But...if you can hit your routine and all be together, it's so fun to watch a big squad.  Where is she...look for ankle brace.  Telling you...as bad as I hated the injury, I'm loving the brace!


This is the face I don't like...I don't care what happened or how upset you are, I think you should end with a smile.  She is mad because their stunt fell...and...her face shows it.  


Maybe she heard her momma's preaching in her head and decided she better smile...


And here she comes ill as can be because their stunt fell.  We have learned to just let her be...she has to have a little time to process the performance in her head and then she'll snap out of it.  She loves, loves, loves stunting more than anything and just hates it when they fall...


Like I said, she needs a little time to "process" and then she's all smiles again.  We made a stop in Tuscaloosa on the way home for dinner and dessert at places a friend had suggested.  Trying new places while traveling is always fun...


My favorite smiles of the day.  Never ever thought I would have a cheerleader, but I sure do love watching her do something she loves so much!!!  Looking forward to a good, hopefully injury free season with our favorite cheerleader!!!

No comments: