Sunday, April 22, 2018

Celebrating "11"...

On March 18th, we celebrated "11" with Anna Lauren and a few of her closest friends...



The girls were all dropped off at our house, and we loaded up and headed to Amerigo for dinner.  You know part of the fun is getting to all ride together...


MeMe was actually in town so Cooper decided to stay at home with her rather than going to dinner with a bunch of girls.  However, he didn't hesitate to jump in and take a picture with them before they left.



Oh silly Emmy...I'm pretty sure I don't have one picture of her smiling normal.  She gets it from her Daddy!

At dinner one of her friends said let's go around the table and say one thing we like about Anna Lauren.  Emmy said, "she's a good friend."


And I added...let's say one thing you like and one thing you don't like.

McKenna said, "I like that she's weird, and I don't like she always interrupts."


Carsyn said, "I like she's her own person/unique, but I don't like that she interrupts all the time."


Audrey said, "I like that she is always there, but I don't like how talkative she is."


Nina said, "I like that she is weird, but I don't like how much she talks."


And McCarley said, "I like that she is oddly strange, and I don't like that she always changes the subject."

Think it was pretty consistent...she is loved for being "one of a kind" and annoying for always having something to say.  We are trying to work on that with her.  However, you could tell they all love her to death and let's be honest...we all have quirks that our true friends just understand about us.  I know I do!!!


While waiting on dinner, she opened her presents.  It is for sure the days of gift cards and money, which made her happy, happy!!!




After dinner, we sang happy birthday, blew out candles, and enjoyed cake.


You can tell by her face that she was so happy and getting to do exactly what she wanted for her birthday...




We all know that Anna Lauren is for sure "one of a kind", but I pray for her often that she will grow into being as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside.  I also pray that she will understand how special a group of friends truly are and treasure their friendship.


I honestly could not ask for a better group of girls for Anna Lauren to call friends.  I hope that they continue to celebrate many birthdays together throughout the years.  

No comments: