Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just Matt and Mandi...

Thanks to Nanna (my mom), Matt and I had a weekend to ourselves...it was a much needed little break from our precious Anna Lauren so that we could spend some time together / get some things done. And it didn't seem to bother Anna Lauren to leave us because when we met mom 1/2 way on Friday, Anna Lauren quickly blew us a kiss and said bye bye...really...before we were even ready to tell her bye bye.

Matt and I had the best time together...wow...it was such a fun memory of what it was like before Anna Lauren. Now we would not trade her for anything in the world (most days), but I'm not going to lie...the weekend without her was fabulous! Oh...and I must not forget...Matt was "husband of the month" because he surprised me with a massage on Saturday afternoon...doesn't get much better than that, huh?

I would encourage all of you to take some time and spend a weekend with your husband (without children)...I am a "firm" believer that it is so good for your marriage...as I am also a firm believer that it should be "mommy and daddy" and then children...I think it is so easy to get caught up in the chaos and "forget" about our marriages.

And with all that being said, thanks Nanna...we could not have enjoyed our weekend without you! Thank you so much for taking care of Anna Lauren and loving her so much...maybe one day she will say Nanna instead of Nann-ee!

4 comments:

K Storm said...

I am a big believer in that too! Glad you had some time for just the two of you!

meurrier said...

I agree 100%. I am glad y'all had a good weekend!

Jeremy and Christy said...

I know people who have never done that and their kids are older than mine and I don't know how they make it! I covet those times with my husband. It makes us better parents. I am glad you guys had that chance.....and super jealous that you got a massage!

Unknown said...

Good point!! Really good point as you're right: it's SO easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of parenthood and neglect your marriage. Oh, I have to say this, though: of course Bubba got you a surprise massage ... we've always known he was a good man! And we're so lucky to have you in the craziness that is our family!
Love you lots,
Laurie