Saturday, June 6, 2009

Heatwave Classic Triathlon...

.5 Mile Swim ~ LONG, but I did just fine and was pretty pleased with my time.

24.5 Mile Bike ~ My motor was fine, but my bootie hurt pretty bad. I got a bike fit to "hopefully" make it better but it was NOT better today. O'well...I did it...just had a little or should I say a lot of discomfort.

6.2 Mile Run ~ Felt great when I started but around mile 2, my legs quit working. However, they recovered around mile 3, and I pushed myself to finish along with a couple ladies I met on the course. Walking is typically AGAINST my rules, but I did my share of walking today.

Overall ~ Good race, and I'm so glad I did it...will I do it again...probably. But for now, I am focused on vacation where I get to bathe in the sun, eat, and do NOTHING!

Matt's Race ~ Well, he forgot to fill his engine up with gas before he left home. Just kidding...he had a great race, but he was a little disappointed that his body did not cooperate just the way he wanted it to today. He said he just felt like he was "out of gas" the whole time. Again, he is over it as we are preparing to bathe in the sun, eat, and do NOTHING!

No pictures of the race...all the photographers were either not there or racing today!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Congratulations! I was there cheering for ya'll and Little Buddy! Hope ya'll have fun on your cruise!

Anna H said...

Congratulations on finishing! What an accomplishment! Have so much fun on your vacation! Anna

Renee Guest said...

Congratulations!!! So proud of both of you! I really don't understand how people can do a tri-athalon. i really think that i might drown! You both did great and I was so happy to cheer for you!!!!!!! I wish I had gotten some pictures for you! Next time for sure!!! :)) Congrats again!

The Hensons said...

way to go, y'all! who cares if you walked....you crossed the finish line! i think i might have to crawl across the finish line, so walking upright should be considered a huge accomplishment!! have a good time doing nothing!