Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nothing to Report...

This post is for all those blog stalkers that like me go to a blog and close it with disappointment when you see the same exact post you saw last time you checked the blog.

However, I really don't have anything to report as it has just been a normal week around the Calvert house. So in searching for something to say, I'll let you know some of the fun things our little girl is up to these days:

  • She is "almost" potty trained...for the past two weeks, she has worn panties to school and managed to surprise her Mommy and Daddy with no accidents! Don't get me wrong, there are accidents from time to time, but for the most part, she is potty trained.
  • She continues to "like" Barney...
  • The past two weeks of swim school, she has loved the water and had so much fun. She is going under like a big girl and yesterday she was even wanting to go under, which was fun.
  • Two days ago, she discovered she had a Barbie, which she calls Princess. However, Matt told me that Princess got a spanking, and I witnessed Princess going to time out. She has these little shoes like all Barbies have and when they come off, Princess gets a spanking or put in time out for taking off her shoes. Hmm...think she is "understanding" this discipline thing...maybe it is finally time to use it on her and hope it works!
  • She still only loves her Daddy...I ask her all the time if she loves me, and she immediately says...nope, I love my Daddy!
  • This morning she informed me that Ms. Regina said it was "ok" for GG (Holli Grace) to go with us to Pop Pop and MeMe's this weekend. No Holli Grace is not going, and we for sure have not asked Ms. Regina.
  • Her RaRa is no longer at daycare...last week was her last week as she will be attending Mississippi State in the Fall. We've just chosen not to discuss it at our house as we are very sad. I told Anna Lauren the other morning that we needed to fix her hair and she informed me that Ra Ra would do it...at that point, I had to say, Ra Ra will not be there...I almost lost it! Again, we are just not discussing it at our house...
  • She continues to sleep on a pallet on the floor in her room...still refuses to sleep in her crib, which has been converted to a toddler bed due to her climbing out of her bed over and over and over. We have discussed putting a twin bed in her room next weekend to see how she reacts to that...

Those are just a few fun things...we are headed to Gulfport for the weekend so I anticipate to have some pictures to post when we return.

No comments: