Monday, September 14, 2009

It's Official...I'm the BIG 3-0...

That's right...this past Friday I celebrated my 30th birthday!

Thanks to Matt and Anna Lauren, I had a fabulous day! Friday morning they gave me cards, balloons, and flowers and Matt made the sweetest birthday present ever. We are going to New Orleans for a wedding in October so he made a binder complete with dividers (only Matt)...it began with an intinary for the weekend ~ 2 nights in a nice hotel, dinner at nice restuarant, and a trip to the spa. I told him not to spend much money because we are going to the beach Thursday through Tuesday...that seemed like enough for my birthday...so...he completely surprised me by the weekend in October.

Matt and I had lunch and then Friday afternoon he surprised me at work with an ice cream cake!

We had a baby shower at our house Saturday night so we had to do some things for the party when we got home from work and then we went to McAlister's for dinner...I know that doesn't sound like much of a special treat but I LOVE McAlisters!

Thanks to everyone for remembering my special day and for all the sweet birthday wishes / presents! And a special thank you to Matt and Anna Lauren...what a special day ya'll made sure I had on my birthday!

And who knows why...but...there are no pictures of the day...hmmm...that is so unlike us...o'well...guess that is what happens when you get old!

2 comments:

Jennifer Hobson said...

You have a sweet hubby!

Jeremy and Christy said...

Happy belated birthday!! I'm sorry I'm not as organized as you are!! :( Have fun in NOLA!!