Saturday, August 14, 2010

Preparing for Race Day...

On September 11th, there is a triathlon that Matt and many others will be doing right here on our home turf. Matt is so excited to get to race where he rides and runs every time he goes out the door.

My brother and sister-in-law and several of their friends will be racing that morning. My brother, Brad, will be racing for the 1st time and my sister-in-law, Paula, has raced several times but that still does not help her fear of open water. Therefore, they came up this weekend along with 3 of their friends to "test" out the race course.

You would have thought it was a "real" race because I loaded up the kids and off we went to watch them swim, bike (well, we went and got donuts), and run. Here the group is in the water making a plan of attack...

Off they go...you can tell by the smooth water that it was just a "peaceful" morning to be out on the water...

Brad coming back to shore...he will quickly tell you he is not a swimmer, but I was pleased with his performance...fortunately, he will be just fine on the bike...and the run, he does pretty good considering he has an old, bummed up knee...

Paula...she is laughing now, but let me tell you, she is a good swimmer but something about this water puts her over the edge. Matt and I cannot understand her "fear"...we've tried!

No comments: