Monday, October 18, 2010

Fat Clothes and Skinny Clothes...

Early in my pregnancy, I came home from work one day with a box of maternity clothes a co-worker had given me to borrow. I began pulling the clothes out of the box with Anna Lauren right beside me...it wasn't long until she held up a pair of pants and said, "Mommy, these are FAT clothes." Her daddy came running into the room to "discipline" her for calling them FAT clothes thinking that I was probably in tears by this point. Well, I got use to it, because throughout my pregnancy, she referred to maternity clothes as FAT clothes and asked pretty often when I would be wearing my SKINNY clothes again...referring to my running clothes and my race shirts (very SKINNY should we say).

So pretty quickly after I came home from the hospital she said, "Mommy, Cooper is not in your belly anymore so when will you be able to wear these SKINNY clothes?". I told her it would take some time, but my goal was to get back in those SKINNY clothes. She then asked what I was going to have to do to wear them, and I said...exercise.

And now we are on to exercising...last week I began walking for "exercise" rather than for "leisure / let's get out of the house" and on Cooper's two week birthday, I couldn't handle it any longer...I ran for 5 minutes. That was all it took...I wanted to run more and more and more. Last Wednesday, I talked Matt into running with me, and I was able to accomplish 2 miles...and boy oh boy, I'm so out of shape! But...I must admit, I am a new person now that I can pick my feet up and run...I've missed it more than anyone will ever know!

And now...I would like to show you my new running partner who is determined to get Mommy back in those SKINNY clothes so sister will quit making fun of her...

Cooper at 2 weeks old...this was the day I was just going to walk...then of course, ran for 5 minutes...
Now we are really ready...and Mommy is a happy camper...she can not only run, but she can run with Daddy! I have so missed running with Matt!

Doesn't seem to bother him that he is going to spend hours upon hours in this stroller...let's just hope he will be as good as Anna Lauren was when she was a baby. That sweet girl ran so many miles with us that it is not even funny.

No comments: