Saturday, October 9, 2010

The "Light Up" Shoes...

Surely I am not the only mother doing this, but I can honestly say I am eating so many of my words from before I had children. You know the things like my child will not have a snotty nose, my child will not eat in the car and have a nasty car seat, my child will always mind me, my child will not have light up shoes, etc.

Well, Anna Lauren has been begging for light up shoes since one of her friends came to school this summer in light up flip flops, and I have put it off as long as I could. Yesterday we took her shoe shopping for "winter" shoes, and I had in mind sweet little white keds. Yeah...she told me she was not going to wear those or the other 15 pair of shoes I showed her. I mean I even offered to buy "high heel" yellow box shoes like mine and Ms. Katie's...yeah right, she would have nothing but these light up tennis shoes. And of course, Matt and I gave in and bought them for her, and if only I had taken her picture...I have never seen her smile bigger and be more excited...all over a pair of shoes that mommy doesn't like. And I just decided there is no need for us to spend $30 on a pair of shoes she is not going to wear, which is what I did this summer. I think the precious white sandals I bought have been on her feet maybe 3 times, and it was a fight those 3 times.

So...here goes the "wild" light up shoes...maybe Cooper will not care and let me dress him the way I want...there is always hope, right?




3 comments:

odomfamilyfun said...

I, too, caved with these little shoes! Thankfully the lights on one of Caroline's went out after about two weeks :) I'm still waiting for the other shoe to 'die'. I figure there are worse things and if we are only fussing about shoes I can deal with that! Your kids are darling in their pumpkin outfits :)

meurrier said...

I ate my words as well, Mandi! I said I would NEVER let my kids where "character" clothes or light up shoes. Well, wouldn't you know the light up tennis shoes Myla had last year were Princess ones?? Oh well, thank the Lord she outgrew them. I think Anna Lauren's are cute!

Love the pumpkin patch pictures too!

Anonymous said...

You are for sure not the only one with the twinkle toe shoes. I can not tell you how many of my friends have said the same thing!