Saturday, December 11, 2010

1/2 Marathon Training...

This week Matt and I started a 10 week 1/2 marathon training schedule with plans to run the New Orleans Mardi Gras 1/2 marathon in February...I'm so excited! A training schedule, means Saturday morning runs and this morning, it just happened to be warm enough to load up the kids and go for a "family" run. I LOVE running with Matt and the kids...it is a time we can talk and just be together with no interruptions. And not only that, we like to think we are setting a good example for our children...hopefully they will share our love for exercise.

Now wish me luck as I juggle going back to work (Monday), a husband, two children, and a training schedule...this will mean many "early" mornings for sure! But in the end, it is all worth it and running for sure makes me a better wife and mother...I'm confident of that!

I wish Anna Lauren had her hat on in these pictures...she was so stinking cute in her pajamas, mittens, and hat!

Daddy with the kiddos...

Mommy with the kiddos...

1 comment:

meurrier said...

Oh, Mandi! You amaze me! I wish I could be this inspired. I guess I need to start training for Double Decker so we can do it together!!! You can train for a 1/2 marathon in 10 weeks, but I need 4 months for a 10K!