Saturday, May 7, 2011

Anna Lauren's 1st Pageant

As most of you know, Anna Lauren has found a new "love"...pageants! A couple months ago, my co-worker asked me to let her be in a fundraiser pageant for her daughter's school cheer squad. I asked Anna Lauren if she wanted to be in the pageant and she immediately said YES and was concerned as to what her talent would be...I assured her at "4" there was no talent or dancing as a group, which I think was a disappointment to her, but she still wanted to do the pageant.

I was a little concerned about the pageant because her behavior can be quite un-predictable, but she shined like a star and had a blast! She was placed in the kindergarten division and competed against 5 other girls in that division. She got a "princess"...there was a queen, 3 princesses, and 2 duchesses. She also won "most photogenic" kindergarten through 2nd grade. Daddy and Mommy are proud, but most importantly, thrilled she had fun!


This afternoon she informed me she wanted to do another pageant...we are in trouble to say the least. And our checkbook for sure is in trouble if she decides this is truly of interest.

The dress...it was Sunday dress only...thank goodness!


I don't have many pictures of hair and make-up because she was a little hesitant and wanted to sit in my lap while Ms. Karen got her all ready to shine like a star!


LOVE these beautiful curls...


And here she is...all ready!





We were on the stage practicing before the pageant and she is waving to Cooper, who had just arrived...so sweet!





All lined up and ready to start...some excited little girls to say the least!








Contestant #2...Miss Anna Lauren Calvert...




One last smile at the judges...she smiled the ENTIRE time on stage!


All the "kindergarten" contestants...the one on the far right won queen...






Time to announce awards...



Most Photogenic...















1 comment:

meurrier said...

I love it!! I seriously cannot believe that your little girl loves pageants!!!!!! Maybe she will be a future Miss Mississippi!! Just don't be on "Toddlers and Tiaras"!!!