Saturday, August 13, 2011

Earrings Finally...

For some things, we follow the rule...when you are old enough to "ask" then Daddy and Mommy will consider. Right before Anna Lauren's 4th birthday, she decided she wanted earrings, and we discussed and told her she could have them when she turned "4". Well, she turned "4" and still wanted earrings...BUT...she was scared to have her ears pierced. We went to Claire's once and talked about going to Claire's many many more times, but she never got brave enough to follow all the way through.

All I can say is something happened at school Thursday...when I picked her up she asked if she could go get earrings. I told her if she still wanted to go after supper that I would take her and sure enough she wanted to go. Nanna was at our house helping with Cooper so Anna Lauren, Nanna, and I headed to Claire's. I was still thinking she would chicken out, but I was so wrong...she had made up her mind and she did it!

All smiles as I was filling out the paperwork to have her ears pierced...I was a nervous wreck...the paperwork was so intimidating! Surely it was not that "serious" when we were little!


Ok...in Mommy's lap ready to have her ears pierced...and yes, I could have thrown up right about then, but I would have never let her known I was nervous. Thank goodness I only have 1 girl...love her, but they are high maintenance for sure!


Marking her ears...and oh my gracious...this girl was so SLOW! I just kept thinking if she did not hurry up that Anna Lauren was going to change her mind. And then she said to Anna Lauren, are you nervous? How about you, mom? Really...someone tell her she just needs to do it when she has a "brave" child sitting there! No need for chit chat!


Here goes the 1st one...she did not budge and was all smiles when she looked in the mirror and saw her new earring!


And the 2nd one...it hurt for some reason...


Oh wait...that really did hurt! Poor baby!


But it didn't hurt for long and then she was all smiles and so proud of her new "diamond" earrings! And whew...went so much better than mom ever expected...I was prepared for them to get the 1st one in and me to have to hold her down to get the 2nd one.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I pierced Cambry's about a month ago. I am slowly getting the hang of putting a bow in her hair every morning but she hates being still. Hope y'all are doing good.