Monday, October 17, 2011

Run for Life 1/2 Marathon...

Saturday I ran the Run for Life 1/2 Marathon in Madison with Kelley Matthews, a friend from work. I was pleased with my time but it was for sure not one of my best races...I pretty much crashed around mile 11 so the last 2 miles were mentally challenging. Or maybe I should say the whole race was mentally challenging as we ran mile after mile on a "parkway" of nothing. I prefer a loop and for sure not an out and back. However, when it was all said and done, you cannot walk away from a 1/2 marathon and not say it was just a "little" fun!

One of my three favorite cheerleaders waiting for the race to start...my children are such troopers...they were are all smiles at 5:30 AM on race day!


Patrick, the Biggest Loser, joined us for the race!


Off we go for 13. 1 miles...I'm in the green visor and pink shirt...


Finally almost to the turn around at mile 8...




My friend, Kelley, is in the Run for Life shirt...




Let's just say I was happy to see my cheerleaders!




We've made it through the turn around and are now headed towards the finish line...5 miles of nothing but flat/straight parkway...the most mentally challenging part of the race.

Anna Lauren entertaining herself while waiting on Mommy at the finish line...


I've spotted my cheerleaders...almost to the finish line!


13.1 miles DONE!




I could not do it without Matt's support and encouragement...he is the BEST!

No comments: