Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Behavior Challenge...



Ms. Wells, Anna Lauren's teacher, uses a color system for behavior...blue (good), green (warning), yellow (miss some of recess), and red (no recess).  Since school started, Anna Lauren has managed to get on green at least once each week.  Our rule at home for "green" is we discuss what she did...she does not get in trouble the first time since her teacher says green is only a warning.  If she does it again after being warned, then she will get in trouble.  She has not gotten on green more than once for the same thing...hopefully she is learning her lesson each time.
 
But...we know she is capable of staying on blue so we challenged her...if she stayed on blue two straight weeks, I would take her to get her nails done.  Well, she did it!  Therefore, she was rewarded for her good behavior Sunday afternoon, and she LOVED every minute of it.  Now...we've started a new 2 week challenge...she has chosen a special yogurt place to go to if she goes two straight weeks again.
 
 

So proud of her good behavior!


And let me just say...I LOVE the organization of her kindergarten teacher!  I mean this binder has everything in it...complete the protective sleeves (you know this THRILLS me)!



The "wild" nails are a little hard for me, but I try to let her choose...she has the rest of her life to be boring like her mother!

No comments: