Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Decorating is DONE...

I'll admit...Christmas is NOT my favorite time of the year.  I think it is so much extra work and stress, and we get so caught up in the craziness that we don't take time to stop and really celebrate the TRUE meaning of the season.

However, I still decorate and do all the normal activities with my little family.  Hopefully I am not so "grumpy" that my kids will not make some Christmas memories growing up that they will always cherish.

Yesterday we spent all day decorating and did the finishing touches this morning...it is DONE and boxes back in the attic.  And...I just happened to get a new camera (post for another day) so I couldn't resist taking a few pictures.


Just plain and simple...


The tree was actually a little more fun to decorate this year because I had so much fun watching Anna Lauren pull out all the ornaments and talk about each of them...when she made them, which ones we gave her each year, etc.


LOVE pulling out my Christmas canvas every year...one of my favorite presents from my mother-in-law...



Nanna gives her grandsons a nutcracker every Christmas...this is just the beginning of Cooper's collection.


While Anna Lauren was at Nanna's last week, they made snowflakes...we hung some of them from the light over our kitchen table.  Probably the only snowflakes we'll see...


My favorite multi-use jars on my dining room table...love changing them out for each season.



Matt's advent calendar made by his mom and grandmother that is just like the one he had as a child...his favorite tradition to share with his children.


I told my co-worker I was doing minimum Christmas decorations this year, and she said...you have the best house to decorate.  You have stairs with a rail, etc.  So...in honor of Regina, I hung ornaments on the rail going up the stairs...


The landing at the top of the stairs...they kids didn't want their trees in their bedrooms so this is where they picked.  


Rail upstairs...tried this for the first time this year...I think it turned out pretty cute!


Anna Lauren wanted to put these two nativity scenes in her room...so thankful she enjoys the Santa fun but knows the true meaning of Christmas!


And in the hustle and bustle of the season, may we not forget the TRUE meaning of Christmas!

No comments: