Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pumpkin Carving...

I'll be honest...I am NOT a fan of pumpkin carving.  I don't really remember ever carving pumpkins as a kid...my mom always thought we should just "decorate" them with paint, stickers, etc so I guess I don't feel the need for the pumpkin carving tradition considering I survived all these years without carving pumpkins. And...I just prefer my pumpkins to last through Thanksgiving, which doesn't happen when you carve them.

However, Anna Lauren REALLY wanted to carve pumpkins so Matt agreed to carve pumpkins with them the Sunday before Halloween while I went grocery shopping.  He got a "super dad" award that afternoon!


They recruited Jasmyne from across the street to join in on the fun, and I just love how all the kids are enjoying a Sunday afternoon in their pajamas...from big to little!



Not sure what to think about the pumpkin guts...


Cooper didn't last long...if you look close, he is in the hammock across the street playing with one of his best buddies, Mr. Rudy!



Cooper's (Matt's) before...


Cooper's (Matt's) after...


Anna Lauren wanted the design on the pumpkin carving set so Jasmyne agreed to draw it off for her...and well, carve it too!


He came back across the street when it was all said and done...


And it looks like while Anna Lauren was carving her pumpkin she broke her foot and had to wear a boot...oh the things they bring home from Nanna's house!


Anna Lauren said Jasmyne made her a "scary" pumpkin...


Front porch all ready for Halloween...


And yes, we live across the street from people who LOVE Halloween...they decorate for days and have the best time Halloween night.

No comments: