Friday, January 2, 2015

A Night With The Lady Majors...

Tonight we hosted the Millsaps women's basketball team for dinner.  These girls are not at home enjoying a long break like most other college students...it happens to be in the middle of their season.  Last year my office went in together and paid for them to have a nice dinner out...this year, I decided to have them come to my house.  I'm so glad I did...it was so much fun, and I think they just enjoyed being in a "home".  They are such dedicated athletes who love basketball, but you know they miss their families during this time of the year.


I spent all day yesterday taking down my Christmas decorations so I was a little over decorating if you cannot tell...this was one "sad" centerpiece I did for the table in the kitchen.  


I was going to decorate a little more, but when I went to get the purple and white poms poms, they were no where to be found. O'well, I'm pretty sure the girls did NOT care there were not basketballs and pom poms all over the house.


I tell people all the time that I LOVE my job, and I really really do! And without a doubt the #1 reason I LOVE my job is the students. So thankful I get to be a tiny part of their lives while they are in college!


I fed them exactly what they asked for...fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, mac and cheese, and biscuits.  My sweet friend and co-worker, Regina, came and helped me serve and brought chocolate chip pound cake for dessert.


They all filled up their plates and got to eating...they were not shy that is for sure!


It was so fun to just sit back and listen to them talk...such close teammates and friends...


This is Sam, who is from Miami and had never had a smore.  Not sure she was a fan of it, but she at least gave it a try.  Sam is a senior and one of my most favorites...cannot wait to see what she does next...she is one hard working young lady with an amazing story...I'm so very proud of her!



Not sure she could even tell you how many marshmallows she ate...she ate one after another!



You think of them as athletes, but they are "girls" too...they came in their cute clothes I didn't even know they have because I never see them in anything other than sweats, they posed for picture after picture, and took selfie after selfie.  Loved seeing their "other side"...


The three seniors, who will be missed for sure!  Their coach gets emotional just talking about it being their last year...


And these three did just this...acted crazy...


Anna Lauren and Holli Grace were so excited to get to spend a few hours together...they miss each other!  However, they are INSTANT best friends again when they see each other...like they have never been separated.


The sophomores...


Just two freshmen...


The juniors...


And the seniors...

Will for sure have to do this again next year...was so much fun having them over for the night!

1 comment:

Renee said...

You are awesome!! Millsaps (and SE) are so lucky that your love your job!!!