Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Miami...


Shortly after Sam moved to Miami in May for PT school, we looked at our calendars and found a weekend for me to visit.  Not that Miami isn't a cool city to visit, but I really just wanted to go spend a weekend with her and do things with her and for her that I would have done had I been there when she moved.
 
 
So...I spent the last weekend of June in Miami with my favorite big girl as Cooper says.  I got there at midnight on Thursday, and I'm pretty sure we were still up at 2 AM talking.  Such special times, and I pray that Anna Lauren and I will have the same relationship when she is 22.  Love that Sam will talk to me about anything and everything, which is actually how it has always been with my mom.  Yes, she is like one of my own kids, and I do for her just as my mom always (and still does) for me.  Thankfully, I have a good example to follow...
 
 
Friday morning we got up and got a rental car for the weekend, ate a Cuban breakfast (that was a first for me), Sam headed to class, and I headed to the grocery store.
 
 


Sam was the best hostess...she made plans for the weekend to make sure I got to see some of the main "tourist" attractions.  Friday afternoon we went on a boat tour...


It was a little hot and a little overcast at times, but we enjoyed our tour on the Island Queen...



Yes, famous people own all these gorgeous mansions, but I couldn't even begin to tell you who owns which one.  My memory not that good...but they were for sure so pretty!






After the boat tour, Joey (one of her roommates) joined us for dinner and then they gave me a quick tour of campus.  And as you can see the "U" is a big deal!




This is where they spend the majority of their time...Plumer.  Except for anatomy this summer, all their classes are in this building.

Saturday morning we slept in then Sam and Joey went to a school function while I stayed home and cooked/filled their fridge and freezer.  That afternoon/night, Sam and I went to fun mall, had dinner, and went to Target (you know...what we would have done had I helped her move in...she still needed some things for her house).


Sunday was our "beach" day...we started the day parasailing.



Just having a little fun while waiting our turn to parasail...



 


 

After parasailing, we went to the beach for few minutes...this is like the Miami "postcard" picture...


The beach is so pretty...





After lunch we headed to this art deco area.  At one time it was just a bad part of town with graffiti on the buildings.  Well, it is no longer graffiti...it is art and unbelievable art. 



How cool would it be to go to school here?









These girls were so happy to have somewhat of a break in their schedule and be able to play for a weekend rather than study nonstop.  And honestly, I don't think Sam studied until Sunday night so we picked a good weekend for me to visit.

Sunday night I cooked them dinner...exactly what Sam requested, and we just hung out at home.  I flew out early Monday morning and was back at work by noon.  Such a great weekend with my favorite big girl and now I cannot wait to take Matt and the kids!

But for now, we are anxiously counting the days until August 2nd...Sam coming for two weeks!  She has a three week break between her summer and fall term.

No comments: