Thursday, September 18, 2008

Remember the Duncans...

This week has been quite an emotional one to say the least. On July 4, 2008, Vicki Duncan, the mother of my dear friend Jennifer, was diagnosed with cancer. And after only a few short months, she passed away Sunday night. You know...I really just don't even know what to say...my heart is so broken for these two girls and their dad and I want to ask all of you to just stop and say a prayer for this family. If you have ever lost a parent, I'm sure you can relate and know there are going to be good days and bad days...they are strong girls who believe in the Lord and know He will get them through this difficult time...but...that does not mean it is going to be easy for them. They loved their "momma" just as much as we all love our "momma" and are so young to have to say goodbye...

Jennifer, Ms. Vicki, and Lisa

4 comments:

Jeremy and Christy said...

So sad. Please let them know they are in our prayers.

meurrier said...

Oh, Mandi...that is so sad. I will definitely be praying for them. I cannot even begin to imagine.

Jennifer Hobson said...

Thanks for the sweet blog...I haven't updated mine yet b/c I feel like if I started typing something, I'll never be able to stop.

Maggie said...

So young :( My heart breaks for them...please know i'll be praying for them in the next couple of weeks...