Sunday, March 20, 2011

Anna Lauren's Birthday Party...

For all of you that read our blog and have been sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to hear about Anna Lauren's BIG birthday surprise...here we go!

A while back, Anna Lauren told me she wanted a "princess" birthday party and she only wanted girls to come...no boys. So I played along with the princess idea but secretly Mommy was working on something a little different.

In July, I decided we would record Miss Mississippi and watch it the night it came on TV. Anna Lauren watches very little TV but she sat with me and watched the pageant, and she has watched it several nights a week since then as well as Miss America once we recorded and watched it in January. She has fallen in love with these pageants and has learned the girls, what they sing, the dances they do, and on and on. She frequently talks about Sarah Beth, Miss Mississippi, so we surprised her and had Sarah Beth come to her birthday party.

We were pretty sure she would recognize Sarah Beth, but we were not sure what her reaction would be...well, let me tell you...it was PRICELESS! She immediately ran up to her and gave her the biggest hug and we could hardly get her to let go so Sarah Beth could stand up. She then never left her side and cried when she left the party. It really was the sweetest thing and Sarah Beth was better with her than we could have EVER expected...it was for sure a big hit!

Our "faithful" event photographer, Jennifer, was out of town but another sweet friend of mine, Christy, was so sweet and took pictures for me so I could enjoy the party. I do not have the pictures from Christy yet, but I do have a very few we took and some others people have sent me so you can get a "preview" of the pictures to come.

Entrance to our subdivision clubhouse where we had her party...

Foyer table...

Remembering each year...

Crowns and bracelets for every "princess"...

Cupcakes...

Anna Lauren and Miss Mississippi when she walked in the door...she even brought Anna Lauren a present...I'm telling you...she was so SWEET!

Not sure what they are looking at, but I love Anna Lauren's little look...Sarah Beth crowned all the girls and Anna Lauren put on their bracelets...

Attempting to get a picture with Miss Mississippi and all the princesses...

LOVE seeing Anna Lauren this happy...

So many pretty girls and smiles...

Time for Sarah Beth to leave and one little girl was not happy...I mean cried real tears!

1 comment:

meurrier said...

What a fun party!! I love all of the pictures!!!!!!!