Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve...

After three days of celebrating Christmas in Brookhaven with my family, we headed back home for Santa to visit "our" house.  Although it was a whirl wind night of unpacking presents and suitcases, starting laundry, and re-packing suitcases for the next adventure, we managed to do some or our family Christmas Eve traditions. 


The kids had a bath and got dressed in their Christmas pajamas they had gotten this year on December 1st...then it was time to open a couple presents.  I always give the kids an ornament...Anna Lauren got flip-flops, one of her favorites!


Cooper got a fire truck ornament...he was impressed for a minute...


And then he was DONE...poor kid was so tired...he just wanted to go to bed...enough of Christmas you people!


Attempting to read the Christmas book they got from Daddy and Mommy...as you can tell, my children just LOVE books...ha ha!


I just wanted to read The Story of Christmas to my children...hmm...they were not interested...broke my heart.  However, I quizzed Anna Lauren on the story and she knew all the answers so at least I went to bed knowing she knew Christmas was about Jesus and not just Santa!


Anna Lauren put out some reindeer food so we could be sure Santa's reindeer would find our house...




All done with hopes Santa and his reindeer will stop at our house...

No comments: