Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Know...

I know...I know...I haven't posted in a couple weeks.  Nothing really "picture worthy" has happened, but as usual, lots has happened the past two weeks.  For myself, I'm going to do a re-cap of the past couple weeks...you can read, or just wait until I post pictures...I know that is what most of you that read the blog want to see.  But remember...this is the Calvert family scrapbook so I try to keep everything here for us to look back on in the years to come.

August 26th ~ Ms. Ann, my sister-in-law's mom passed away.  We all knew the day would come sooner rather than later, but no one expected it to be "that" day.  For now, everyone seems to be doing pretty good...however, I know the holidays will be hard for my sister-in-law. 

August 29th/30th ~ Along with Hurricane Isaac came the stomach virus for Anna Lauren.  I picked her up from school Wednesday morning, we were at home Thursday due to the hurricane, she went back for a little while Friday before having to come back home.  It was Saturday before she really felt good again.  Hurricane didn't bother us or Matt's parents in Gulfport.  However, my family in Brookhaven/Summit were without power for 4 days.

August 29th ~ I went back to the orthopedic for a follow up appointment.  My knee had not gotten any better so I had an MRI...it showed the same thing he said the first visit...strained MCL.  Doctor started me on some anti-inflammatory...I now have a new knee.  Woo hoo!  I have not...but...this week I've felt like just maybe I could go for a run...I haven't run since the end of July.  Let' just say I've got the fever and will most likely have some running shoes on this weekend.

August 30th ~ Matt and I celebrated our 9th anniversary at home with a little girl who had the stomach virus.  She was feeling some better and asked to go to Mazzios so that was our special "anniversary" treat. 

Labor Day Weekend ~ Nanna came to hang out for the weekend.  We enjoyed having her here with us and just kind of bummed around.  Matt and I did manage to go on a date to celebrate our anniversary while she was here...that was for sure a special treat!

September 6th - 10th ~ We headed to Orange Beach with the Bounds family for a little mini vacation.  The first night and day were great fun...then...I had the stomach virus the remainder of the trip.  Thankfully, everyone else seemed to have a great time! (I hope to post the one day of pictures I took this weekend)

September 11th ~ I celebrated my 33rd birthday.  Between work, tumble/cheer, and recovering from the stomach virus, there wasn't much celebrating.  But...I did manage to have a fun dinner with my little family and Matt/the kids gave me some fun surprises. (Again, I hope to post pictures this weekend)

And now we are up to date...

No comments: