Thursday, July 18, 2013

Miss Mississippi 2013...

The Miss Mississippi pageant was just a little special this year...our favorite, Chelsea Rick won!  It was her 5th year to compete and our 4th year to watch her compete.  I can remember the day Chelsea walked into my office at Millsaps as a freshman and it's students like her that I can remember the day they walk out as well as the day they walk in because I am going to miss them so much.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching her become the mature young lady she is today.  She deserves the honor of Miss Mississippi, and I think will represent our state so well.  

To my surprise, Chelsea walked into my office today just 5 days after being crowned Miss Mississippi!  Talk about a bunch of ladies squealing...we were so happy to see her and tell her face to face how proud we are of her.  She was so precious and talked to us for a good 30 minutes and answered ALL of our questions about Miss Mississippi and Miss America because you know we had some to ask her.

Anna Lauren was very excited to see Chelsea win, and we look forward to doing a couple things throughout the year where we can see her.  She encouraged us to come to her trunk show to model her clothes for Miss America so that may be first on the list...

Again, super proud of this young lady and it was so so fun to visit with her this afternoon!




No comments: