Saturday, February 15, 2014

Our Heart Cake...

From a blog that I read often, I got the idea to make a heart cake the week of Valentine's.  So...while Anna Lauren was at cheer Thursday night I baked the cakes and had them ready for her to decorate when she got home.  I'm not always the best at being "hands off" so I had prepared myself to be "hands off" and let her and Cooper do the cake the way they wanted.  We were just making it for fun so it didn't matter what the cake looked like...just a fun activity.  My mistake...Thursday night after cheer...she is exhausted and is ILL, which took the fun away quick...real quick!


You start with a round and square cake...we did a red velvet heart because that is what kind of mix I already had in the cabinet...notice when I turned my back, Cooper got a bite of cake while it was cooling.


Turn the square cake to be a diamond and cut the circle cake in half...


Obviously my cakes are not all the same height...but...that is what icing is for, right?


After a few tears, some fussing, and a big mess, we have a heart cake iced by Anna Lauren and Cooper!  


This pretty much sums up the heart cake activity...Anna Lauren being ILL and Cooper just being his normal happy little self!


Oh wait...there may be happies when I wake up in the morning? Maybe I should be nice the rest of the night.  Bless her heart...it really was my fault...I should know Thursday night not a good time. Maybe next year we'll try again on a weekend...

No comments: