Saturday, March 29, 2014

Anna Lauren's 7th Birthday Party...

A little over a year ago, I was reading my friend Anna's blog and she had hosted the cutest birthday party for her 7 year old daughter. I showed Anna Lauren the blog post and from that point, she knew it was what she wanted to do for her 7th birthday.  If you have a little girl, I would suggest keeping this in mind...I thought it was probably the most fun birthday party we have had...and just a sweet afternoon with 8 of her little friends.


Balloons on the front porch...I did the same thing in both of my urns.


It was a cake decorating party...two different Saturdays I made 8 inch round cakes and just put them in my freezer.  Now you can buy a can of just about any color icing so each girl iced their cake in pink and then used aqua blue and purple in the icing bags to decorate.




We couldn't leave out Cooper and Elliot so they had a "boy" table...



After the girls decorated their cakes, they came in the living room and decorated their box.  I had Sharpie markers and foam stickers. Once they were done, we boxed their cake so they could take it home.


Do you have mason jars?  If not, you should get some...I use them for everything!



Anna Lauren wanted me to make her cake, and she wanted it to look like the one on the side the icing can.  All I can say is...I tried!


Our friend Jeremy called it the earthquake cake...ha ha!  But you know, for the first time, I didn't stress...the lil girls didn't care...and you know what, I didn't have one bite of cake left.




Only two moms stayed for the party...I love all of the moms, but it was kind of nice to just hang out with the girls and then the two moms that did stay...Kellie helped and Christy took pictures.  It was perfect!  




May be one of my favorite pictures of the day...love happy faces!



Love all these little bare feet...




Could eat him up!


There was lots, and lots, and lots of this!



This 7 year old is something else, and I LOVE her to pieces!




While the girls enjoyed cake, ice cream, and chips and dip (Anna Lauren picked the menu), Anna Lauren opened presents...


Anna Lauren and Holli Grace...


Emmy, Anna Lauren, and Rileigh...


McKenna and Anna Lauren...


Anna Lauren and McCarley...


Anna Lauren and Ava...


Anna Lauren and Sydney...


Anna Lauren and Bently...


And she ended her birthday celebration piled up on the coach with five of her favorites watching Frozen.  Good time was had by all and even her exhausted Mommy!

No comments: