Saturday, May 10, 2014

Teacher Appreciation from the PVO...

I serve as treasurer on the PVO (Parent Volunteer Organization) Board at Anna Lauren's school.  At our April meeting, we discussed Teacher Appreciation Week and obviously in a weak moment, I agreed that I would organize Teacher Appreciation Week for all the faculty/staff (79 of them) at Highland Bluff Elementary.

I will say that it took a good bit of time, but I enjoyed it and it wasn't nearly as stressful as it could have been thanks to my sweet mother.  She spent a week at our house due to her broke foot and wrapped everything for me...huge, huge help!  And of course, I cannot do anything without my sweet friend, Leah, who designs everything for me.

On Monday, I started off the week with donuts in their work room...






On Tuesday, they had a luncheon (there is a committee for the luncheon so I didn't have to do that) and they each got a $20 gift card to Wal-Mart...


Thanks to McAlister's, on Wednesday they got coupons for a free sweet tea and a free cookie...


On Thursday, they got disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer...


And on Friday, we had a popcorn bar for them.  Someone else actually set up and served for me.  I just took a couple pictures when I was making sure I had everything they needed.



Sometimes being on the board seems like a second job and then sometimes it is really fun, and I'm thankful I can be a part of doing exciting things for the school and especially the faculty and staff. And truly, I work with the BEST group of ladies...we couldn't have a better group of ladies that go out of their way every way possible for the school.  We did so many great things for the school this year, and I cannot wait to see what we do next year!

No comments: