Sunday, October 22, 2017

Couples Baby Shower...

Back in May we went to the beach with our best family friends.  We sat in our chairs at the beach/pool and discussed how this was the first vacation that we could truly just kick back and relax because our kids were all old enough to swim, play, etc without us watching their every move.  Little did Matt and I know...Christy was actually pregnant and just not telling anyone yet.  Therefore, she and Jeremy were just going along with us all while thinking that may be the case for ya'll.  Shortly after our trip they told us that Christy was pregnant and not with just one...but...two!!!  Just when we thought we were all done, God had different plans and has blessed our sweet friends with twin boys!!!  And thankfully God knows EVERYTHING and knows that they are the couple that can handle twins and not us!!!


We are so excited for our friends and last weekend had so much fun hosting a couples baby shower for them...


Of course, no party happens without the help of my talented friend, Leah.  How cute is the chalkboard, which made for the perfect centerpiece.



I know better...I really, really do.  Why oh why did I not consult my mom about the baby's breath?  She typically either does the flowers for me or tells me exactly what to do.  I told her I could handle it because I thought it's just baby's breath...surely I can do that.  Well, I can, but I sure should have asked her how much to buy.  I had baby's breath for days and it ended up EVERYWHERE!!!


Over the years, I have decided simple is my favorite...so...I just stuck with blue for decorations.  And since it is fall, I used blue pumpkins and loved, loved them!




Told you...baby's breath was EVERYWHERE!


Since the weather was nice, I had seating outside for people to eat...


Pretty sure Matt and I moved this table all over the back yard trying to find a level place.  You just think your backyard is flat until you need to set up a table/chairs...


A sweet friend from our Sunday School class offered to make the cake...it was beautiful and oh so delicious!!!


I took the easy way out and ordered the food from Sonny's...


Few appetizers...


And you know how it goes...once the party starts, you forget to take pictures.  After several couples had left, we took a few pictures.  Sad there are not pictures of everyone...


Pretty sure that the two of us couldn't be any more different, but we have the neatest friendship and for that I'm thankful!  


We've been hanging out together for 14 years...wouldn't trade anything for our friendship and are looking forward to welcoming the twins!!!  Lots of memories have been made and lots more memories to make!!! 

No comments: