Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just Another Week...

Our neighbors (the Voss family) have become dear friends of ours. And in just another week, we will say our goodbyes as they leave us. John is done with his residency and fellowship and will be practicing in Meridian. We are fortunate that they are only going to Meridian, and we will be able to see them from time to time. But...they are no longer just around the corner, which makes us sad.

As most of you know, Kristi is somewhat on the "crazy" side, but she has been an incredible role model to Matt and myself. We would not be running, biking, and swimming today if it had not been for Kristi Voss. I will never forgot the day I was out for just an easy 2 to 3 mile run (all I really ran at that time in my life), and Kristi stopped me and said...would you be interested in a long run this weekend? I said, what is a long run? She said 6 or 7 miles (Holt was only 4 weeks old)...in the surprise of the moment that she asked me to run with her and I really did not even know her, I said yes. I came home and told Matt I was going to run with her, and he said...you are crazy...I will have to come pick you up off the street. You know she is a maniac! See...we always called her the maniac of the neighborhood until we really got to know her. Actually we still call her a maniac, but we can say it to her face now. Anyway, from that day...I have run many long runs, run two 1/2 marathons, done a biathlon, duathlon, and triathlon. Wow...and the best of all...Matt runs now because he knows he has to run to go along with the swimming and biking, which he loves!

Kristi ~ thanks for being such an inspiration to us...and especially for always encouraging us to do more, be better, etc. Now...we still will not start at 4 AM like you...maybe 5 AM but not 4 AM...

On a lighter side, we got to "babysit" John David and Holt tonight so John and Kristi could celebrate their anniversary / Kristi's birthday. Anna Lauren adores John David and Holt...she is kind of like the little sister that is always in the way, but they are sweet to her most of the time. And she is not scared...she gets right in the middle of them and just laughs and laughs. They all wanted to take a bath together so here are a few pictures from bath time...

Left to Right: John David (5), Holt (3), and Anna Lauren (1)


5 comments:

meurrier said...

I can feel your pain! Our two best couple friends moved away from us, and it was so difficult! At least they are just in Meridian. I thought they were going out west...maybe that was someone else. Anyway, enjoy your last week with the maniac!! I wish I could be more like that.

Kristi Voss said...

Girl, You have made me cry this morning. I did not realize how much I impacted your life. HOnestly, you and Matt should take all the credit. You guys did it! I am glad you are enjoying running, biking, and swimming. It is a lifestyle and you guys have made the change. I am very proud of both of you. Anna Lauren will be doing it with you guys before you know it. It will be different not seeing you guys running or biking in the afternoon. Good thing is we are still close and we can come back soon. Meridian has 2 good races and you guys have a place to stay. I will be back for the Jackson races. The boys enjoyed last night, so did mom and dad. Thank you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I am not a "blogger" yet, but I read yall's often! I have sat here and cried reading this. It just breaks my heart, b/c I was in that situation a year ago telling Kristi, my neighbor and best friend, bye. So I feel your pain. I know yall have developed a close relationship
(you weirdo triathalon nuts)!! But I remember just avoiding the issue of moving until the very last week. It was the worst feeling ever. But yall have a great thing- yall will still be in close distance. Just remember the good memories! Good luck with the next few days! I will be thinking about you all!

K Storm said...

I just realized that you had a blog when I was visiting HB's tonight! You are very good at keeping up with that sweet girl and all her new discoveries! Tell her miss kathy loves her!

Anonymous said...

john david is old e nough for anal