Sunday, June 1, 2008

I am a "TRIATHLETE"...

Wow...I am now a "TRIATHLETE" and what a fun experience it was becoming a triathlete!

We left for the race early Saturday morning, and I was so nervous I thought I was going to throw up at any minute. Then we arrived at the race and were completely surrounded by bike carriers, bikes, and lots of lots of spandax (I was shaking as we unloaded the bikes). Then...we began setting up our stuff in the transition area, and for some reason, my nerves settled and I was as calm as could be...no longer nervous just ready to race. My only concern was getting out of the water...and as crazy as it may sound, the water was actually the most fun! I had a great swim...great bike...and a great run...I was proud of myself and finished about 7 minutes ahead of what I really wanted to do.

I will probably do one more race the middle of July...1/3 mile swim, 17 mile bike, and 3.1 mile swim...therefore, I am off to more training...

Thanks to Jennifer (little buddy), we have some pictures to share with you from the race. Thanks for capturing my 1st race, Jennifer...you were so sweet and encouraging...you'll be racing next year...no discussion...you will not die on the bike!


Mommy and Daddy's biggest fan...our precious Anna Lauren! Thanks to Nanna, Anna Lauren got to come to our race. Matt and I love having her at our races...we want her to see how important exercising is to mommy and daddy so hopefully she will follow in our foot steps.

Matt starting the swim...250 yards

Race time now...entering the water to begin the swim...

Coming out of the water...I had a great swim...very relieved as it was my biggest fear...

Coming out of the transition area to start the bike...8 miles

Matt crossing the finish line...I love it...all smiles!


I did it...crossing the finish line...I'm hooked...I want to do another one!

2 comments:

meurrier said...

Good job, Mandi!!!!!! YOU DID IT! What were you nervous about?? I am proud of you! You are an inspiration and SO skinny by the way!!

Maggie said...

Go Mandi!! You are so cool.