Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Time Has Come...

I decided to go ahead and write tonight because tomorrow night I will be preparing for Soak Up the Sun. Yes, the time has come for my very first triathlon...on Saturday morning, I will swim 250 yards (very nervous about the swim as I feel it is my weakness for sure), bike 8 miles, and run 2 miles. I am pretty confident about the bike and run as I ran 2 miles, biked 10 miles, and ran 2 more miles in a duathlon last weekend. I feel as if I have trained well and now I am excited that the time has finally come...I've been planning to do this race since December so I am ready to say the least...a little nervous but ready!

Matt on the other hand, will be entering his 3rd summer of triathlon season. He will be racing Saturday just as a good training day...his "big" race will be next weekend as he participates in the Heatwave (1/2 mile swim, 24 1/2 mile bike, and 6 mile run).

We will keep you updated on our races...hopefully we can get some pictures this weekend and for sure there will be some next weekend because I will be the cheerleader / photographer...no racing for me. There are certain times that I just enjoy sitting back and supporting Matt and next weekend is one of them.

And I know you are all wondering...Anna Lauren is doing great in her new room...they say she is so good and she has napped every day on her mat without any trouble...I'm so proud of her!

2 comments:

meurrier said...

Good luck, Mandi!! You'll do GREAT!! And I'm so glad Anna Lauren is doing good sleeping on her mat. I was anxious to hear!

ashley said...

wow i'm proud of you!
i know you'll do great@

i was really amazed that the daycare got morgan to sleep on her nap mat - they just do what the other kids do i guess.