Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm a Toddler Now...

Well, our "baby" is now a "toddler"...and if she was not so bored in the nursery at school, I think I would be sad. However, she has truly outgrown the nursery, and we have been anxiously awaiting for a spot to become available for her in the toddler room. Friday was her last day in the nursery and she will be in the toddler room Tuesday morning...with a nap mat in hand and all...yes, she will no longer nap in a bed...she is a big girl now that will have her very own mat...I'm curious to see how this will go tomorrow. I think she will be so tired that when they put her on the mat (maybe the 10th time they put her back on the mat) she will crash and from that point understand the concept of napping on a mat...let's hope so anyway (for the teacher's sake at least).

Now...as I write this, I am trying to be the "big" girl that says she is not sad...but the thought of going and getting that mat out of the closet and telling her to have a good day with the big kids, does break my heart just a little. I have to remind myself that moving up is for her benefit and she is going to be such a happier child everyday. She will always be our "baby" but we do have to let her grow up and become the little girl God has planned for her to become.

We took the below pictures Friday...and for some reason, she would not take the pictures with her teachers by herself even though she loves both of them. Who knows...she has a mind of her on sometimes (well, all the time).

This is Ms. Ashley...Anna Lauren's morning teacher in the nursery...


And this is our favorite Miss Rachel...Anna Lauren's afternoon teacher and the only "babysitter" that we have let keep Anna Lauren. We will still have Miss Rachel come babysit...

1 comment:

brandy and bear said...

Hey Mandi! This is Brandy (Trebotich) Smith, I saw your blog on Meredith's. Anna Lauren is just the cutest thing and you and Matt look like yall are great parents. Hope that all is going good! glad I found you!!