Saturday, October 17, 2009

Half Marathon Number 5...

This morning I completed my 5th half marathon right here in Jackson. I started out training for the full marathon but after finding out that was "not fun" I decided to just do another half. There is just something about a 1/2 that I love...it is the perfect distance and the fun never ends while training or running the race, which is what it is all about for me...just to have fun!

I could not have asked for better weather, better cheerleaders (Matt, My Mom, and Anna Lauren), or my body to feel any better. It was the perfect running day, and I had the 2nd best time out of the five half marathons I have done!

Mommy and Anna Lauren right before the race started...

Mom and I right before the race started...

Waving to my cheerleaders...I was between 2.5 and 3 miles at this point...

Coming up on my cheerleaders once again...I was around 9.25 miles at this point...



Giving "fives" to my cheerleaders...


Approaching the finish line...still feeling great...what a great run!

Crossing the finish line...my official time was 2:20:51...24 out of 54 in my age group...I was pleased!


Anna Lauren was not interested in the Chick-fil-A cow, but she was all about the balloon!

Waiting on Matt, Mom, and Anna Lauren to make their way to me...taking a break and enjoying my post race banana...

Anna Lauren liked my medal...however, she didn't want to wear mine...she wanted her own...mommy quickly said, you have to run a long way to get this, darling!

No comments: