Friday, August 10, 2012

Kindergarten Tidbits...

We made it through Anna Lauren's first week of kindergarten, and let's just say it could not have been any better!  She has smiled all week and has seemed to love every minute of being in kindergarten.  Hopefully the smiles and excitement will continue...if so, we have one fun school year in store for us!

And thanks to Nanna for keeping Cooper this week...when she offered to keep him I had no clue how helpful it would be.  It has been nice to focus on Anna Lauren and give her the attention she needed this week, and honestly, I think she has enjoyed some one on one time.  And not to mention it has given me some extra time to fill out paper work, buy additional last minute supplies, etc.  Now I think we are somewhat adjusted and are anxious to get our little man back at home with us tomorrow. 


Kindergarten Day 2...Matt and I were cleaning the kitchen after dinner and Anna Lauren got real quite.  We went to look for her and found her all snuggled in our bed at 6:30 PM...she slept until I woke her up at 6:15 the next morning. 


Kindergarten Day 3...on the way to school on day 2, she got nervous and decided she wanted me to walk her into school.  However, after being well rested she woke up Thursday morning and said she was a big girl and she was walking in by herself...and...she did!  I cried happy tears...I was so proud of her for being so big and brave!  I did get in trouble when I picked her up...she was not happy that I was crying when she got out of the car...she saw no need in all that. 


Kindergarten Day 4...thanks to my sweet friend for sharing the idea and designing the tags, we had "Friday Happies" for Anna Lauren's teachers.  We thought they needed a treat for making it through the first week.  And Anna Lauren was so excited to take them a happy...that was great fun for her!



This afternoon I asked if kindergarten got a thumbs up or a thumbs down...I quickly got a thumbs up...makes this mommy smile!

No comments: