Sunday, June 29, 2014

Loving the "Country"...

Since we were going to Brookhaven yesterday to switch out Anna Lauren and Cooper with Nanna, we decided to spend the day at Joey and Barbie's and let all the kids play together.

I will say days like yesterday make me sad our kids are growing up in the city and missing out on the country life.  I have so many good memories of growing up in the country that they are missing out on. But...at least they have cousins to visit in the country!


The girls...Anna Lauren, Bently, and Breanne


This kid has my heart...my brother will differ, but I think he is the funniest kid.  I cannot stop laughing at him...he lives in his own world, has the craziest ideas, and simply put, loves life!


Ashton and William...


Ashton's four-leader...one of the many things Cooper LOVES at Jo Jo's house!


Anna Lauren has finally decided she wants to learn to ride her bike with no training wheels...so...she and her Daddy took advantage of lots of grassy space to practice.  Hopefully by the end of the summer she will get it!



So how I grew up...in and out of the pool all day long...



Joey thought the kids would enjoy watching the fish eat...they look really entertained, huh?  That would be because the fish never came up and ate...ha ha!



Cannot tell you how many times I played chicken fight in our pool growing up...they were laughing uncontrollably and it just made me smile from ear to ear.




An attempt to take a picture of all four of them...yeah right...not happening!  Look at Ashton...see why I say he is so funny?


Surfing pose...



Sassy doesn't even begin to explain these two...they are both something else!


I thought this was too cute...it rained off and on all afternoon so they swam in between thunder storms.  At one point, Bently was sitting in the rain watching the others swim.


And you must go fishing while you are there...Cooper actually caught a fish, but it slipped out of Ashton's hands when he was getting it off the hook.


And don't forget about a buggy ride with Bob.  I actually went on the ride too...it was pretty fun riding through the woods.


And Uncle Joey caught a fish to end our fun-filled day in the country...



We'll have to go again soon because we had the best day...so much fun to just sit back and relax on the patio while the kids are completely entertained.

No comments: