Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Baby Davis...

Before school was out, I had a little working mom's guilt and really didn't want Anna Lauren to have to go to daycare over the summer. I just wanted her to have a little less structure and get to enjoy being a kid doing what kids do during the summer.  However, the thought of not having the "security" of daycare kind of scared me and Matt.  But...we decided to give something different a try, and we could not be more pleased.  Anna Lauren has had the BEST summer!  She has stayed with Ms. Moffett, a kindergarten teacher at her school, and she has loved every minute of being with her versus in a daycare setting.

The exciting part is that Ms. Moffett is pregnant with her first child, and they have spent some time this summer preparing for baby Davis.  So...since this is Anna Lauren's last week with Ms. Moffett, we decided we should celebrate Davis!


Anna Lauren choose to make a cake...she choose a "blue" cake mix, white icing, and then we added a little food coloring to make some blue icing for her to do a border and initials.


In my opinion, pretty good work for a seven year old (she had a little help, but she did most of it herself)...



In a kid's mind, balloons are a necessity for any type of celebration...


Ms. Moffett was surprised when we arrived Monday with these goodies, and I think they have been having a fun week eating cake and celebrating sweet Davis.  I was going to take a picture of Anna Lauren and Ms. Moffett, but I didn't think she would like me to take her picture because her hair was still wet.  Hopefully I can get one of them Friday on Anna Lauren's last day.

No comments: