Sunday, January 10, 2016

Christmas Vacation Day 8...

On January 2nd, I had a "big girl" day with Sam...


We got up early and went on a 5 mile run over this bridge she runs sometimes.  I had been wanting to run there so she took me and suffered through the 5 miles.  After 3, she was like, this is past my point of fun...ha ha!  For some reason, Anna Lauren had been asking for coconuts since we left Jackson.  Sam and I just happened to find her 2 coconuts on our run.


Matt and the kids went to the beach that morning in the same area where we were running...


And I got this picture that Anna Lauren had found her own coconut...she was happy!  Not sure what the obsession was with the coconut, but she for sure wanted one.


After playing at the beach, Matt took the kids to the Children's Museum...




Sam and I had brunch, got a manicure/pedicure, and she showed me where she grew up, etc.  Once we got home, we let her open her birthday present.  Her birthday is the 14th...




Think she liked it...


I had the quilt for months before I opened it because I was so afraid it wouldn't look good...well, I was sure surprised...it turned out great.  Now I want to have one made with Matt's football shirts.


Sam's friend, Megan, arrived, and we took the Metro to Target. The kids wanted to ride the metro so we took them on a little "big city" adventure.


We had dinner at home and then Sam and Megan opened a coconut with the kids.


A much slower paced day but still so fun...and...everyone began getting a little sad as they knew tomorrow was "go home" day.

No comments: