Wednesday, January 13, 2016

MS Blues 1/2 Marathon...

At 5 AM this past Saturday morning, I sent Melanie a text that said nothing about running 13.1 miles in the rain sounds fun to me.  She agreed and said she had no shame in not running the 1/2 marathon. We know ourselves though and knew if we didn't go and woke up later to no rain, we would regret not going.  So...off we went. Needless to say we sat in the car until 6:52 AM and arrived at the start line 4 minutes before the start.  Thankfully the rain had slacked up to just a sprinkle and by the end of mile 1 the rain was gone.  Yes, we were glad we made the decision to run and actually had a much better race than we anticipated.


Of  course my biggest fans were there to cheer us on...Anna Lauren is waiting for me around mile 6.  Got to love her outfit and the puddle of water she is standing in...at least she had rain boots!


Lots of high fives were given while waiting on Mommy and Ms. Melanie...


Something about seeing people cheering you on along the course and especially little kids just puts a smile on your face...


Love little Cooper man reaching for his Mommy...he was so excited to see us!



Nothing makes your feel better than a big hug like this...


Until you have to keep going and these arms are still reaching for you...


And this one...well, I am lucky to get a high five from her. However, Friday night she told Matt they had to go watch me because it would just be wrong if they didn't (he was concerned about the rain).  And...when I was tucking her in Friday night she said, good luck tomorrow...love you, Mommy. That is huge for her...


Pretty sure I am trying to make sure Cooper is "ok" before I take off.  Bless his heart...because he ran a mile with me one day, he truly thinks he can run a full 1/2 marathon with me.


And last but not least, speaking to Matt...he is the BEST cheerleader a girl could ask for.  There is no way I could do all the running I do without him.


More high fives before moving to their next spot...



They were giving more high fives while waiting for me around mile 10...


Then it got really serious when they ended up in the middle of the street...


Cooper found me...another big hug for Mommy!


Mile 10ish and still hanging on...I will say mile 10-12 through Belhaven was pretty rough...just so hilly!


We rounded the corner and the finish line was in sight, and we were happy to have these two kiddos finish with us!





Our official time was 2:34:16...considering the amount we had trained, we were pleased.  


Could not be more thankful for a sweet family that supports me every step of the way...from training to race day!


And this girl right here...couldn't ask for a better running partner.We have shared many hours, many miles, and many stories about life...wouldn't trade her or our time together running for anything.  

No comments: