Saturday, July 15, 2017

Annual Calvert 4th of July...

Just as we have the past several years, we spent the long 4th of July weekend in Gulfport with Matt's family...


Callie was the only one that accepted my invite for a run Saturday morning...


Because...why would you want to go for a run when you can cruise around on the golf cart instead?  


After lunch, we went to the indoor aquatic center at the Kroc Center.  We had not been there before, but it was a perfect little afternoon outing for the kiddos.


Cooper played so hard that he fell asleep in my lap...


Which meant he missed the group photo with his cousins.  We then piled all 10 of us (we know...too many, but it was fun) into the van and headed to Sonic for some ice cream...


Pop Pop grilled steaks for dinner and then we celebrated Mary Martin's birthday a few days early since everyone was together.


Sunday morning we all went to church, and I had to snap a picture because I realized these three were color coordinated (not even on purpose)...


Obviously everyone was into the red, white, and blue...


After church and a quick lunch at McDonald's, we boarded the ferry and headed to Ship Island...




I'm perfectly ok with my kids being older and being out of this phase, but I sure do love to love on a little one when I can hand them back...


Oh my goodness...why does Anna Lauren look 16???




The first attempt of a group photo...


And then...the "group" photo...only missing 2 or 3.  


Cannot imagine spending my days with anyone else...


Cooper was "over it", but I wanted a family picture!!!



We actually celebrated the 4th on the 3rd because several of us had to head back home on the 4th.  Which means, we kicked off our holiday with our annual family run/walk...


George was my running partner for a 4 mile run...


Everyone ran or walked some distance, which is what matters...


After the kids bailed and jumped on the golf cart, we ran a couple miles together...


There is lots and lots and lots of golf cart riding!!!


Sweet John Hopson wanted to have a lemonade stand and let me just say, it hit the spot after a run on a hot morning.


Cooper found this hat in some of MeMe's old Mardi Gras costumes, and I think he pretty much only took it off to sleep.  


Before lunch, the boys always put up the flag on the back porch...


Cooper was trying to find something George would like to watch...he was so sweet to George!


Cooper REALLY needed a nap so I bribed him.  I told him I would take him to get a happy at Dollar Tree because I knew if he got in the car he would fall asleep.  He picked out "Rusty" at the Dollar Tree and then fell asleep...momma's trick worked!


After he took a nap, he was ready to hit the pool at Aunt Kay and Uncle Jan's condo...


I got to enjoy this view while watching the kids swim...I'll take it!


You know...just attempting to get a "cousin" picture...at least I can say I tried.


Cooper wanted to swim just a little more before we headed back to Pop Pop and MeMe's...


His other Dollar Tree find...glow in the dark 4th of July gloves.


On the 4th of July, we enjoyed lunch with a view and then headed back home.  We enjoyed a little mini vacation and spending time with Matt's family!

No comments: