Wednesday, April 23, 2008

3rd Place...

As I have mentioned several times, Matt and I competed in a biathlon (ran 3.1 miles and biked 10 miles) a couple weekends ago. It was my first time to race on my bike, and I was extremely nervous! The Saturday morning of the race, we woke up to thundering, lightening, and pouring down rain. However, we got dressed, loaded the bikes, and headed out to race. The entire time I was thinking...will Matt please just say...it's not the day, let's go back home? But...he did not as he was determined to race that morning...I on the other hand, was not so determined because I could just see myself having a bike wreck trying to ride in the rain or on wet roads if the rain did stop. Again, this was my first time to race on my bike, and I am still too nervous to even try to drink some water and ride...much less ride in the rain.

So...we sat in the car for over an hour and the thunder, lightening, and rain finally stopped. At this point, we unloaded our bikes and got everything ready to start...I was still unsure about racing on this particular Saturday morning.

And then we started...we were feeling great...had a fabulous run (we ran together) and we took off on our bikes (Matt left me). I actually enjoyed my bike ride except for the last couple miles, which seemed to be straight up hill. But it was fun and now I am looking forward to more races...let's just hope for no more rain on race mornings...that definitely took the fun out of "race morning"...

And last but not least...the finish...I got third in my age group and here is a picture to prove it...3rd place even came with a trophy...

1 comment:

The O'Donnells said...

WAY TO GO STUD!!! BRING HOME THAT HARDWARE!!!! Making all of us jeolous!! But for real this is the begining of an exciting sport for you to share with matt!!! We are proud of you both way to go matt making her get to the start line. P.S. if you keep this up you will become one of them before you know it or even worse they will call you "eugene"