Thursday, April 3, 2008

Off To The Masters...

We are very fortunate to have received 4 tickets to the practice rounds of the Masters through the lottery for Monday. However, Matt has done a little work and managed to get our extra 2 Monday tickets traded for Tuesday tickets. Therefore, we will get to enjoy the beautiful Augusta National on Monday and Tuesday.


The fun will actually begin Saturday morning when we head to Atlanta. On Sunday, we will be in Atlanta and get to celebrate our nephew Spencer's 1st birthday by attending his birthday party and then off to Augusta we will head. Anna Lauren will stay with her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins in Atlanta, and we will return to Atlanta on Tuesday night. I'm so excited she will get to spend some time with her cousins who she does not get to see as often as we would like.


We will drive home on Wednesday and then head to Gulfport on Friday. Matt and I will be doing a biathlon Saturday morning on the Coast. This will be my first time to race on my new bike...little nervous but very excited about racing with my husband. We love to do these kind of things together. We have not decided...we are thinking he will do the run portion with me and then head off on his bike...we'll see though...he is still tossing the idea of staying with me. I think he is still a little nervous that I may crash on my bike...especially after our bike ride last weekend when I was stranded in the middle of Spillway Road because I could not get my feet back in the pedals. At that point, I called him "Eugene" because why were we not on the bike trail? Don't they make those things for cyclist?


Anyway, after our race, we will then spend the night at the Beau Rivage and go to dinner for Matt's 30th birthday...that was what he choose to do to celebrate his 30th so that is exactly what we will do. So...with all that being said, you probably will not hear from us for the next week or so, but we will post pictures from everything upon our return.


Wow...we are going to be busy...makes me tired so I must go to bed and get some rest tonight...might be the last little bit of rest I get for the next week or so.

1 comment:

The O'Donnells said...

heehee...i love that calling someone "Eugene" is a bad thing...i don't think he gets such a kick out of that story :)