Saturday, January 3, 2009

13.1 Miles of Hills...Done!

Well, this morning I managed to run 13.1 miles of nothing but hills at the 2nd annual MS Blues Marathon / Half Marathon in Jackson. I decided to go out on a limb and do the race at the last minute, and I'm glad I did, but I'm not afraid to admit, it was an extremely difficult course. I ran with my cousin's husband (Stevie) and one of his co-workers (John), and we had a great time "complaining" about the course and running with John as he completed his 1st 1/2 marathon.

Left to Right: John, Stevie, and Mandi (around mile 6.5)

Left to Right: John, Stevie, and Mandi (around mile 11)

Rounding the corner to the finish line...

Kristi Voss and Mandi...we were so excited to have Kristi stay with us Friday night and do the race (of course, she did the full marathon and did great). We miss her so much and enjoy any time we get to spend with her!
And last but not least...we realized our old camera had a video option so here is a short clip that Matt captured...notice how "encouraging" he is about yet another hill. Really...he was the best...he caught us 6 or 7 times throughout the couse and took many pictures, cheered, etc. I could not do it without all of his support. Anna Lauren on the other hand...she was not worried about us as she was having a great time at Nanna's house...thanks for keeping her Nanna!

1 comment:

Jeremy and Christy said...

Yay, Mandi!!
And no, I'm not running anymore... :) I tried, it's just not for me!