Saturday, January 31, 2009

To Denver and Back in Two Days...

My brother and I "literally" made a flying trip to Denver and back this week...we left Jackson Tuesday morning and landed back in Jackson Wednesday night / actually Thursday morning (1 AM). It was a tiring two days, but we were both glad we made the decision to go and be with our aunt. As you know, funerals are sad, but on the flip side, you get to see family you never get to see and meet family you didn't even know you had...

We only had time for the visitation / funeral, but I did manage to take a few pictures of the beautiful snow and mountains.


L to R: My brother Joey, our Aunt Alice, and Me

This picture was taken from the car as we were driving down the road to the funeral...I was trying to take a picture of the mountains...

This picture was taken from the parking lot of the funeral home...you can see the ground is covered with snow and the mountains in the background. You are looking at a cemetary but this is not where my uncle was buried...he was buried at a military cemetary. I had never been to a "military" graveside service so that was a neat experience...

This is just a park next to the hotel we stayed at on Tuesday night...

No comments: