Sunday, January 25, 2009

Whirlwind of a Week...

On Thursday, my uncle passed away in Denver, Colorado. He is technically my great uncle but has always been really close to our family and was the last "connection" we had to my dad's side of the family. He was that "crazy" uncle that we all have, but I must admit he loved us and even though he was far away, he made every effort to be at our special occasions (graduations, weddings, etc) if at all possible.

My brothers, mom, and I all talked and decided at least one of us needed to go to Denver to represent the family at the funeral. Well, mom has never flown and is petrified of an airplane...so...we quickly knew she was not the one to send. My brother Brad is speaking at a conference this week, is already on the program, etc...so...we knew there was no way he could go once we found out the funeral arrangements. And so the "sweet" child of the family, Joey, volunteered to go no matter the price. I know it is hard to believe but my brother Joey really is sweeter than me! And then after much thought...I decided I needed to go with my brother. I knew the day of the funeral would come, and I would be upset that I was in Jackson and not there so Matt and I decided that we should find a way for me to go.

So with all that being said, I'm working Monday, Thursday, and Friday. We are leaving Tuesday morning...arrive in Denver in time for the visitation, spend the night, go to the funeral Wednesday morning and head back home...arriving back in Jackson late Wednesday night. That is what I mean by "whirlwind" of a week.

Please keep my aunt in your thoughts and prayers...my uncle was not in the best health but him passing away was pretty much a "sudden" thing...she was not prepared at all.

Matt is in charge for two days...he is the best, and I'm not worried as she loves her daddy more than her mommy, but it is always nice to have an extra set of hands when you are trying to get out the door for work / tired from working all day.

5 comments:

meurrier said...

Mandi...I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will be praying for your aunt and family as well as safe travels for you and Joey.

Jeremy and Christy said...

Mandi,
So sorry for your loss. We will be praying for you guys. Love ya.
CB

K Storm said...

I am so sorry about your uncle. I know this will be a hard time for your family. I pray that they will have the comfort they need.

Unknown said...

We'll all be thinking of you! We love you ...

Kristi Voss said...

I am so sorry! I will be in prayer for you guys. I will touch base with you guys later on in the week.