Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm So Sad...

I knew the day would come when Rachel (or better known as Ra Ra) would tell us that she was moving on...and...the time has come. She is planning to attend nursing school in August and will not be able to work, but until then, she is going to another daycare. Another daycare in town is offering her more hours and more money...who can blame her for making the move? She confronted me last week and said she didn't know what to do...she turned the job down several months ago because she was so attached to Anna Lauren and Holli Grace...but...they had called her again and she was torn because she needed more money / more hours, but she loved her girls. Of course, I put on my "big girl panties" and told her she had to do what was best, but I was just heart broken inside secretly hoping it would not work out. Well, as of today...I think it has worked out for her to make a move.

I think this is so hard for me because she has been with Anna Lauren every afternoon since she was about 6 months old and Anna Lauren adores her. I always know if Anna Lauren has a bad morning that Ra Ra is going to come and make everything better...and who in the world is going to fix the "rag muffins" hair now?

So for now, we are going to cherish every day we have with Ra Ra...I'm assuming the daycare will want her to work out her two weeks...however, she has not told them she is leaving so there is still hope, right? I'm not crossing my fingers on that one...I really do want what is best for Rachel, but I just hate it for Anna Lauren...I guess this is the first time that I have really "hurt" for my child, and I don't like it!


Anna Lauren and Ra Ra...notice those pretty pink nails that Ra Ra painted...

Matt was sweet enough to take pictures with his phone when he picked up Anna Lauren this afternoon...please ignore the bow...Anna Lauren was being silly.

1 comment:

Jeremy and Christy said...

I know how hard it is to leave a teacher you and your child both love and trust and unfortunately, I have also hurt for my child and it is so hard. Moving Rileigh to St. Matthew's and hearing her say "she didn't need more friends because she wanted to keep the ones she had at her old school" was a definite heartbreaker. Good luck to you and Regina....oh and your kids too! They are so resilient. I know it will upset you guys more! :)