Sunday, March 22, 2009

Celebrating "2"...

We had a wonderful weekend of "celebrating 2" with Anna Lauren...it was so much fun to sit back and watch her eyes light up with excitement as we went through each "event" we planned to celebrate her birthday.

When I was uploading the pictures, they got out of order, but I'm too tired to fix it..."celebrating 2" was a bit exhausting for mommy and daddy!

When Anna Lauren woke up on her birthday Friday morning, her room was full of balloons. All of which she wanted in her bed. She had the best time playing with the balloons and was so excited to be "2"!

I made sugar cookies and iced them for Anna Lauren to take to school. At her "school party" they got to put their own sprinkles on the cookies, which I hear was great fun for she and her sweet friends.

The birthday girl is at the head of the table getting ready to put sprinkles on her cookies...

The birthday girl still working on her cookies...

Looks like all the cookies are decorated and it is now time to eat them...yum yum!

Look at my hands...I must have had some "green" sprinkles and this party was fun!

Matt and I went in to work late Friday morning so we could take Anna Lauren to Krispy Kreme for breakfast...it was so special to have breakfast with just the three of us before it got so chaotic with family and friends who we were so thankful wanted to be a part of her birthday.

She blew out the candles on her donut and then insisted we put them on mommy's donut so she could blow them out again...

And she couldn't leave daddy out...we put the candles on his donut as well so she could blow them out.
After she came home from school, she got to open some presents before we went to dinner with MeMe and Pop Pop (Matt's parents).

After dinner, we took her to Miskelly's to ride the carousel...we thought it closed at 8:00 but it actually closed at 7:00, which is what we found out when we arrived at 7:15. But...they were so nice and let her have a "birthday ride for free"...


Saturday was her "real" birthday party at the YMCA pool...and oh my gosh...it was a hit! The kids had a blast and Anna Lauren loved every minute of it! Here is a "sneak" peak of her in the pool...I only took a couple pictures before my friend Jennifer arrived...it is such a treat to have a best friend that is a photographer...she took all the pictures for me so I could enjoy the party. I have not gotten them from her yet, but I will post more party pictures once I get them.
What a special weekend it was for our family...we love Anna Lauren so much and can not get enough of making her happy and seeing her "precious" smile!

2 comments:

meurrier said...

Looks like y'all had so much fun!! I can't believe our babies are growing so fast! I can't wait to see pictures from the swimming party! I love Anna Lauren's bathing suit! I also love the dress that she got in that picture. Also, I love the balloons in her room...I will have to remember that come July. Ok, can you tell that I LOVED everything in your post!!!!!

Anonymous said...

jets get you in the shower your ass is ready and so tight